Saving time on household chores is a great way to get more freedom. Coming home to a clean house thanks to your Roomba 620 is one of the products that can help you to save time. Vacuuming is an important part of keeping a home looking its best. It is also a way to remove dust, debris, and allergens that you can’t see.
Contents (Jump to)
Pros of the Roomba 620
The round design is very appealing, and it isn’t very tall. This enables the device to go under furniture with ease. Worry that a round robotic vacuum won’t get the job done? Don’t be as it has brushes that flare out and get under the counters and around the edges. The overall design of the Roomba 620 is very advanced.
- Better Design Than 500 Series: The overall design is better than previous Roomba models. The company has been listening to feedback from their customers. As a result, it works better than what you may have experienced in the past with the Roomba products. This company just keeps on moving forward, and they never disappoint with what they offer.
- Improve Brush Design: The brush design is an upgrade from previous models. There are pieces of the brushes that are different lengths. This helps to reduce the risk of any elements getting left behind in the cleaning process. The Roomba 620 has a 3 step cleaning process that is efficient and also fast.
- Better Battery Life: battery life is very long, and you will be able to clean your entire house with it and not worry about the charge. This is important because you don’t want to come home to discover that the battery died halfway through the cleaning process, and you have company arriving any minute.
- Cleans Multiple Flooring Types: You can count on the Roomba 620 to clean all types of flooring including hardwood, tile, linoleum, and carpeting. It can change from one type of flooring in a room of your home to another without any intervention by you. This robotic vacuum is also very quiet so you can have it operational while you sleep, watch TV, talk on the phone, or any other activity you take part in at home.
- Pet Friendly: If you have pets, then you definitely need a product that can handle the pet hair without it getting clogged in the system or the filter. The Roomba 620 was especially designed to pick up pet hair so that won’t be an issue.
Cons to Consider
- Not Particularly Lightweight: The overall weight of the Roomba 620 is 11.6 pounds. For most people, that doesn’t pose a problem. However, for some individuals it does tend to be too much for them to work with during the initial phase of setting it up. It is important to take the weight into consideration before you purchase. Of course, it may be possible for you to ask someone to come get it set up for you.
- Takes Some Getting Used To: While it is possible to customize the features of this robotic vacuum, it can take some time to figure it all out. The owner’s manual does offer a step by step procedure that enables you to get it programmed for the cleaning you desire at the times you prefer. If you have any problems, you can call a live agent with customer service for further assistance.
- Filters Are an Added (and regular) Expense: The filter is going to need to be replaced every 3 or 4 months. Some customers are able to change it every 6 months. It is a good idea to have those filters on hand so that when you notice changes in the cleaning pattern of the device, you can immediately change it. These filters aren’t pricey though and they are easy to exchange on the Roomba 620.
Key Features Worth Noting
The bin is larger on this Roomba model than others, and that means you empty it less. If you have a large home or pets, then this is going to be a welcomed addition. The product does have a long batter life, but it is still recommended that you buy a second one as a backup. You never know when you may need it.
The product comes with a docking station where the Roomba 620 returns for charging when it is not in use. The docking station doesn’t take up very much room. You can put it anywhere that is convenient for you.
The Roomba 620 offers suction power that is significantly better than the 500 series models. This means that more dust, dirt, debris, and hair gets picked up than you may imagine. It also reduces the number of times that the device has to go over a given area to get the job done.
The price tag associated with the Roomba 620 is approximately $300. That is a bit more than previous models, but the upgrade is worth it. The cost is comparable with several other brands of robotic vacuums that don’t work as well. Most importantly, as an older generation model the costs have come down considerably. The latest model Roomba’s typically run around $700. You can find the Roomba 620 for a steal at this listing for less than $300
There is a 1 year warranty offered with the Roomba 620. Many consumers wish that it was a longer period of time due to the cost of this product. However, Roomba is well known for being high quality. Many consumers out there have a 500 series and have used it for years without any problems. It isn’t likely that there will be huge issues with this newer model. Should they occur though, contact their customer support team immediately.
Alternatives to Consider
I always like to analyze the competition before I make a final decision. The following are some close competitors that are worth checking out.
Roomba 860: iRobot recently released the 860 as a newer option for budget conscious shoppers. Like the 620, it doesn’t come with all the accessories so you can save money and buy as you go (and as you need). You can check my complete review here. While the 860 is $200 more expensive, it has a number of added features that are worth considering:
- Tangle Free Extractors: These are new for the 800 series and help prevent show stopping tangles from occuring. This is particularly useful for pet owners (pet hair is a frequent culprit) and well worth the upgrade.
- 3-Stage Cleaning System: This was a serious upgrade from the 600 series. The patented 3 stage system is about 50% more effective at picking up debris.
- Better Navigation: In short, the 860 is smarter at navigating your house than the 620. This means less random bumping around (and waiting to process obstacles) and a more efficient cleaning route.
- Lithium Ion Battery: The factory default battery pack with the 860 is a lot more durable than the 600 series. My 600 series vacuums require new batteries every 6-12 months, whereas the lithium batteries should get 12-24 months at least. Ultimately, this is a cost saving mechansim.
You can check out the latest pricing at this listing where there are frequently some additional deals.
Overall – Final Take
The Roomba 620 is well worth the investment. This is a proven device that can take care of your cleaning needs on all types of flooring. It is quiet, efficient, and powerful. You aren’t going to have to spend your time vacuuming again! It does not take long to empty the bin and replacing the filter is also a breeze. Especially if you are on a budget, this is a solid investment.