Maintaining a garden and keeping your plants healthy is not easy, especially for beginners.
There are a lot of things to keep track of and monitor. Some people make the mistake of under-watering their gardens, while the others overdo it, wasting valuable resource. Thankfully, there are garden probes that you can use in order to know just what is going on with your gardens. A good example is the Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor.
The Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor helps you by always knowing your soil conditions and giving you actionable and easy-to-understand recommendations to keep your plants healthy.
What Makes the Edyn Special?
The Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor is very easy to set up and use. You just plant it in your garden and it will keep track of the amount of light, moisture, humidity, temperature, and nutrition in the soil. And then it will send all of these readings to your smartphone over your Wi-Fi network. It has a mobile app that would give you valuable insights on how to keep your plants healthy and beautiful. Even with the ever-changing conditions of the soil and your garden in general, you can rely on Edyn Garden Sensor for up-to-the-minute information.
What’s more, the garden sensor lets you know if there are issues with your soil. This allows you to take steps to remedy it before it becomes an even bigger problem.
The mobile app also has access to a wide assortment of plant databases and soil information and is can also check the local weather forecast. All of these give you a well-rounded view of what to do for your garden.
Gardening tips customized for your own garden
The best thing about the Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor is it does not only allow you to get up to the minute information on your garden’s conditions by measuring the temperature, light, moisture, humidity, and soil nutrition of your garden, but it also uses these information to come up with recommendations.
It will check your garden’s current conditions and then look up scientific databases to give you a list of things you need to do.
For instance, if the Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor detects that your plants are not getting enough sunlight, the mobile app will inform you of such finding and recommend that you move your plants to a better-lit location or perhaps buy some grow lights to help it flourish.
Each of the measured criteria has its own separate screen, making it easier for you to see current conditions and recommendations. The mobile app also has historical information that allows you to see trends over time. You can see your garden’s condition at the present, or its condition for the whole week, month or year. This way, you would know how cold it was over the winter months or how much sunlight your plants received last month, then you can compare them to the amount of sunlight for the current month.
Know what to grow
If you want to discover the plants that would flourish and grow with the type of soil and soil conditions your garden has, then do check your mobile app for plant recommendations. The app will analyze your garden’s conditions, and then cross reference its findings with more than 5,000 plants in its database.
For instance, if your garden gets a lot of sunlight, has high humidity, gets just the right amount of water, and is not too rich in nutrients, then you can safely grow cherry tomatoes. The mobile app will also tell you where in your garden to plant the tomatoes!
Keep track of your plants
The mobile app also has the My Garden section where you can add your plants so that you can monitor their growth over time. Is it time for you to harvest the eggplants? Or are the dandelions still in their dormant phase? When is the best time to prune? The mobile app will keep track of all of these plants so that you can see how your garden is progressing – all in one place! Plus, the mobile app allows you to know what needs to be done. In this case, the Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor goes beyond just monitoring your garden’s soil condition, but it also helps you keep track of the activities that would help you maintain healthy plants and keep your garden beautiful.
Features and benefits
The Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor allows you to:
- Monitor your garden constantly. You get the latest information on light, moisture, humidity, soil nutrition, and temperature.
- Monitor your garden from anywhere in the world. Going on vacation? No problem; you can check on your daisies, roses, and other plants using the mobile app even from halfway across the globe.
- Guides your gardening activities, making it easier for everyone, even beginners! You get customized alerts and tips based on the conditions of your garden and the expected weather conditions.
- Get a better understanding of your garden. Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor will accurately profile your garden to let you know which plants are going to grow best.
- Access thousands and thousands of plants listed on the database. You can discover new plants using the mobile app’s database.
Pros of the Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor
- Looks Good and Stands Out: The Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor is one good-looking sensor, making it a standout in your garden. Its yellow color complements any kind of garden theme, but, at the same time, it is also very visible so that people could avoid tripping on it.
- Solar Powered: It uses solar power that can last for at least two years.
- Accurate Sensors and Large Database: It is also a very accurate sensor, guaranteeing that you get precise readings. You could not have asked for a better hardware. The database of thousands and thousands of plants is also a definite plus.
- Built for the Gardener: The Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor will definitely be a good addition for your garden as it can do its job really well and it has features that every gardener would love. The hardware also shows that a lot of thought has been put into it this device.
What could be better
While the hardware earns a solid thumbs-up for design, accuracy and functionality, you might have problems with the mobile app and other associated services.
- Mobile App isn’t Perfect: For one, the mobile app allows you to access a database of more than 5,000 plants and is good for discovering new plants for your garden. But it does not make it easier for you to identify the plants you find in your garden in case you do not have any idea what they are.
- Mobile App UI Could be Improved: Another complaint is that the mobile app feels clunky, slow and unresponsive. Also, the “My Garden” section can add more information and be more accurate with the status of your own plants. And there is no way for you to add your own notes to this section that would somehow allow you to take better care of your plants. The mobile app is also prone to crashes.
Alternatives to the Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor
The Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor is not the first connected garden sensor out there and it will certainly be followed by a lot of others.
If you are in the market for a good garden sensor, these are two of the other brands that you could check out: Parrot Flower Power and Oso Technologies PlantLink.
But how do they compare with the Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor?
|Edyn Garden Sensor||Parrot Flower Power||Oso Technologies PlantLink|
|Price||Check here for latest||Check here for latest||Check here for latest|
|Apps||iOS and Android||iOS||Web-based|
|Plants in Database||5,000||7,000||50,000|
|Battery Type||Solar powered||1 AAA||2 AAAA|
|Battery Life||2.5 years||.5 years||1 year|
|Interoperability||Edyn Water Valve||IFTTT||No|
The Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor is the most expensive one among the three, but it measures five parameters and has a solar power battery that can last for two years and six months. Parrot Flower Power, on the other hand, cannot measure humidity. OSO Technologies Plant Link, meanwhile, can only measure soil moisture.
If you are looking for a more connected garden sensor, you will be better off with the Parrot Flower Power as it works with IFTTT. But you will have to contend with a battery that you need to change at least twice a year and you would also need to have an iOS device.
Meanwhile, if you are an avid plant lover and would like to discover new plants, PlantLink would be a great choice. It is compatible with Zigbee home automation platforms and has a Web-based app.
Final recommendations for the Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor
If you are serious about your garden and your plants, or if you want to make it easier to keep your plants healthy, then you should definitely get Edyn Wi-Fi Garden Sensor.
It may have some technical problems on the software side, but these would be improved on in the future. As a sensor, it is by far one of the best and most accurate ones around. It also measures the most number of parameters.
Bottom Line: Selling for more than PlantLink and more so than Parrot Flower Power it has an impressive array of functionalities and features that you and your garden would love. Be sure to check this listing for the latest prices and deals on the Edyn.