Keeping your home spotless does not necessarily mean that you have to spend top dollar. Budget robot vacuums prove that you can keep your floors clean even while you watch TV or do your other chores. You can even leave the house while these affordable helpers do the cleaning for you.
How does Eufy Robovac compare to iLife? Find out here!
Contents (Jump to)
- 1 Main Differences Between Eufy RoboVac 11 vs ILIFE A4
- 2 Eufy RoboVac 11
- 3 What you would like about the Eufy RoboVac 11
- 4 ILIFE A4
- 5 Comparing the Eufy RoboVac 11 and the ILIFE A4
- 6 Side by side comparison: Eufy RoboVac 11 vs. ILIFE A4
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 8 The final say: What should you buy?
Main Differences Between Eufy RoboVac 11 vs ILIFE A4
The Main Differences Between Eufy RoboVac 11 vs ILIFE A4 are:
- Eufy RoboVac offers 5 different cleaning modes, whereas ILIFE A4 has a powerful vacuum suction as strong as 1,000 Pascal.
- Eufy RoboVac can run for 1.5 hours, whereas ILIFE A4 runs for 2 hours.
- Eufy RoboVac comes with a scratch-proof tempered glass cover which makes it very elegant, whereas ILIFE A4 uses a HEPA filter.
- Eufy RoboVac comes with a bigger bin capacity, whereas ILIFE A4 is better for smaller spaces and under furniture.
Eufy RoboVac 11
The Eufy RoboVac 11 certainly made waves when it first came out in the market because it offered an efficient yet inexpensive way to clean your floors.
At a time when the best robot vacuums were selling for around $1,000, the Eufy RoboVac 11 promised to deliver roughly the same features and the same level of cleaning for only a quarter of that price. The question is: Does it live up to expectations?
- Three-point system. The Eufy RoboVac 11 uses a rolling main brush, side brushes, and tremendous suction power to give your floors a thorough cleaning.
- Cleaning modes. You have five different cleaning modes with the Eufy RoboVac 11.
- Included remote control. You can operate your Eufy RoboVac 11 even without touching the robot vacuum itself. All you need is the remote control. With it, you can start auto cleaning, start or stop cleaning, change the direction, set the current time, schedule cleaning times, and choose different cleaning modes.
- Lithium-ion battery. The high-capacity battery gives you more than 1.5 hours of cleaning.
- Other features. The Eufy RoboVac 11 comes with a scratchproof tempered glass cover, as well as infrared sensors that prevent it from bumping into walls and furniture. It can also recharge itself automatically.
The Eufy RoboVac 11 gives you five cleaning modes. The Auto mode enables the robot vacuum to map out your room and then zigzag its way to clean the <br/> entire room.
This mode will also prompt the robot vacuum to switch to another cleaning mode if it would be more efficient to do so, depending on the area of the floor it is cleaning.
Other cleaning modes are:
- Spot – RoboVac will go around in a small spiral pattern to help clean dirtier areas. This is also perfect if you spilled something on the floor.
- Edge – RoboVac will follow the wall to make sure that the edges are clean.
- Max – RoboVac will use the top suction power for carpets.
- Single room – RoboVac will clean one room and will automatically stop when it is finished.
You can also use the remote control to clean your floors manually by directing the RoboVac where to go.
What’s in the box?
- Eufy RoboVac 11
- Charging base
- Remote control
- Power adapter
- Cleaning tool
- 4 side brushes
- 1 extra HEPA-style filter
- 1 extra foam filter
What you would like about the Eufy RoboVac 11
The RoboVac 11 has a simple and understated, yet elegant and expensive look, thanks mainly to its tempered glass top. The RoboVac 11’s three-inch low profile allows it to clean under most furniture. It is also a breeze to set up and you do not have to worry about connecting it to your Wi-Fi.
You would also love how quiet the RoboVac 11 is. You probably would not hear it over the normal volume of your TV.
Overall, the Eufy RoboVac 11 will help you bust the dust, not your budget.
What could be better
The RoboVac 11 easily trips on objects that are thicker than 10 millimeters, so you have to make sure you have removed rugs, power cords, and small objects before you start cleaning.
You should also make sure that the drop sensors are clean, or they might not effectively prevent the RoboVac 11 from falling off the steps.
Furthermore, because the RoboVac 11 relies on infrared sensors, you should not use it on floors with very dark colors because it could not reliably find its way.
Another budget robot vacuum, ILIFE A4 is worth considering if you want to save money while also conveniently keeping your floors clean every day.
ILIFE A4 promises to make cleaning your floors less of a worry for you. You just turn it on and leave it to do its job and that’s it. It can help you take care of hardwood floors or tiles, and it can clean your carpet as well.
The ILIFE A4 follows a three-step cleaning system. It makes use of a rotating blade brush to clean your carpets, while side brushes take care of corners and wall edges. All of that dirt is then sucked up with a powerful vacuum suction as strong as 1,000 Pascal.
ILIFE A4 has a powerful motor that you can use in Max cleaning mode. With Max cleaning, the vacuum can pick up dust more efficiently while also working more quietly.
The ILIFE A4 uses 2600mah batteries that can give you up to two hours of cleaning on a single charge. Moreover, if it runs out of battery, the ILIFE A4 can easily find its way back to its dock to recharge.
The ILIFE A4 has a remote control that you can use to operate the robot vacuum and to set a cleaning schedule. You can also use the remote to try a variety of cleaning modes and to direct the robot vacuum to go back to its dock.
What’s in the box?
- ILIFE A4
- Charging dock
- Remote Control
- Power adapter
- Cleaning brush
- Extra HEPA filter
- Extra side brush
Comparing the Eufy RoboVac 11 and the ILIFE A4
The Eufy RoboVac 11 and the ILIFE A4 have highly similar features. They both use the same three-stage cleaning system that involves the main brush, the side brush, and the powerful suction. Both have the necessary sensors to help keep them from falling off stairs and steep drops.
They even have the same form factor, height, scheduling, and remote control. However, a closer look at the specifications for each would reveal some subtle differences.
Side by side comparison: Eufy RoboVac 11 vs. ILIFE A4
|Robot||Eufy RoboVac 11||ILIFE A4|
|Dimensions (dxh, inches)||13 x 3||12.2 x 2.99|
|Lithium ion battery||Yes||Yes|
|Battery life (minutes)||90||up to 120|
|Minimum charging time (minutes)||300||300|
|3 stage cleaning||Yes||Yes|
|Dust bin capability (liters)||0.6||0.45|
|Lowest Amazon Price||(For the latest prices and discounts, check here)||(For the latest prices and discounts, check here)|
What are these differences?
The Eufy RoboVac 11 is a little bit wider than the ILIFE A4. Eufy’s robot vacuum measures 13 inches in diameter while the ILIFE A4 is only 12.2 inches.
This would mean that the Eufy RoboVac 11 is able to cover more of your floors in a single pass, while the ILIFE A4 can get into tighter spots. ILIFE is also 0.84 lbs. lighter than the RoboVac 11.
While both have lithium-ion batteries, it would seem that the ILIFE A4 gives you a better deal as far as battery life goes. For one, you can get up to 30 minutes more work from the ILIFE A4 on a single charge.
That additional 30 minutes is already significant, considering that you need at least five hours to charge the batteries fully. If you have a bigger house, you will also love the longer running time from the ILIFE A4.
Another area where the ILIFE A4 wins is the filter. ILIFE A4 uses a HEPA filter that can catch up to 99.97% of particles that are as small as 0.3 microns, while the Eufy RoboVac 11 uses a HEPA-type filter, which catches 99% of particles that are 2 microns or bigger.
In short, you keep more dust particles from going back into the air with the ILIFE A4 than with the RoboVac 11.
However, the Eufy RoboVac 11 cleans more efficiently than the ILIFE A4 and it has a bigger dustbin capacity. The RoboVac 11 can clean even heavy soiling, while the ILIFE A4 struggles with it.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where can I buy a replacement battery for the Eufy RoboVac 11?
If you have an issue since the beginning and not before 12 months, you can contact Eufy support so they can replace your battery or even your robot. If you just need a routine replacement you can purchase a battery for $$$ approximately.
Yes. One of the best features this robot offers is that he will calculate enough amount of energy he needs to get back to his station before running out of battery, preventing it from laying around the house or you not being able to find it.
Would my cat be able to ride on top of my Eufy RoboVac 11 without damaging the unit?
The robot can definitely keep your cat entertained for a couple of hours, but you should be extremely careful if he pretends to ride it. The Robot is very light so it can be damaged if your cat is big.
The final say: What should you buy?
If you want to keep your home clean on a daily basis, you can go for either the Eufy RoboVac 11 or ILIFE A4. Both are very capable vacuum cleaners that are able to automatically recharge its batteries and to clean on its own.
They may not have the fancy features of high-end robot vacuums such as onboard cameras, Wi-Fi connectivity, and mobile apps, but they do provide a comparable result at a price tag that is easier on your pocket.
Between the two, however, you can rely on the Eufy RoboVac 11 for deeper and more thorough cleaning. As to which is the more affordable choice, it is the ILIFE A4.