Robotic vacuums were innovative when they originally came out years ago and they continue to remain innovative with the release of each product from all the major manufacturers in the industry.
The biggest and most known company in the market is iRobot, who produce models that eliminate all the different types of dust, dirt, and debris you can find on your floor.
One of their latest models that have become a popular product is the Roomba 880. Another company that is in the market of robot vacuums is iClebo Arte. The company isn’t as well known as iRobot, but still releases products that complete all the desired tasks in your home.
Among their most popular model is the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte. In this head-to-head comparison, we will contrast the Roomba 880 vs iClebo Arte to see which one is the best option.
Contents (Jump to)
Main Features of iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte
In a market that is filled with quality products from better known manufacturers, companies like iClebo need to put their best effort into their line of products and that is what they did with the YCR-M05-10 Arte.
Many companies put numbers on their products about how well a certain item works compared to others and often times, these numbers are fabricated.
With the YCR-M05-10 Arte, iClebo claims it cleans more than 94 percent more than competitors’ products and it is a number that has been proven to be accurate.
Another feature of this vacuum that makes it stand out in the fight to keep your home clean is the ability to use it to clean dirt, dust, and debris, as well as containing a mop to give your floor a superior clean look. The way the YCR-M05-10 Arte is able to clean as well as it does is because of its internal brain.
The triple CPUs found within the vacuum work together to give your home the cleanest floor by developing an algorithm after analyzing the space of your home and determining the correct path.
- The YCR-M05-10 Arte also contains 15 sensors that ensure that your vacuum works without colliding with furniture and other obstacles. Another way it works at this is with its camera recognition vision mapping and navigation system. iClebo has been credited with engineering the first “Camera Vision Mapping” system and are working to become the leader in robotic vacuums and are posing a major threat to iRobot and their popular line of vacuums.
- With the built in camera vision mapping system, you will not need virtual lighthouses to keep your vacuum confined to only the rooms it is needed to clean up. Other products, including the iRobot Roomba 880 come with these lighthouses that need to be placed at the border of the rooms they are meant to stay in. In terms of convenience, this is as good as it gets in the robot vacuum industry.
- At the German Cleaning Robot Performance Test, the YCR-M05-10 Arte won the first place prize for providing the World’s Best Cleaning Performance.
What’s in the Box?
When you get this state of the art product after your purchase, in addition to the vacuum, you will also get the charging station, remote control, AA batteries (2), quick guide, side brush (2 left and 2 right), adapter, mop plate, cleaning brush, HEPA filter (7), ultra microfiber wet mop (4), and area boundary tape.
Main Features of iRobot Roomba 880
At first glance, the iRobot Roomba 880 is a product that is catered to those homes and apartments that have pets and allergy problems.
This vacuum was constructed with an AeroForce Performance Cleaning System that helps the Roomba 880 achieve the ultimate cleaning experience in your home by combining “AeroForce Extractors with airflow acceleration.”
Ultimately, you are getting a vacuum that cleans any floor type and requires little to no maintenance from you.
The Roomba 880 was also made with iAdapt Responsive Navigation Technology that allows your vacuum to move around your home touching every floor area, removing any dirt, debris, or allergens that could cause health problems.
Another positive feature of this Roomba vacuum is the extended life of the battery that you will get. In the past, the battery life found of robotic vacuums would leave a lot left to the imagination.
With the iRobot XLife battery, you will get, on average, twice the amount of cleaning cycles per charge as previous batteries found in Roomba products. This will allow your battery to live twice as long as it had done previously and not require replacement.
Even if your battery were to run out while in operation, the Roomba 880 will return to the docking station to get a full charge.
Much like many other products in the industry, the Roomba 880 can be scheduled to operate while you sleep, are at work, or taking an afternoon nap with your babies. With the ability to schedule as many as seven runs a week, you can keep your home clean without doing the hard work.
- When a consumer spends an entire paycheck on a vacuum for their home, one of the first things they will worry about is it getting broken. With cliff detecting technology, you can rest easy knowing that it will sense a change in floor level or stairs that will keep it from falling.
- The Roomba 880 is also built with wall to wall technology that will allow it to clean in the corners and along the edge of the baseboard in your home. One major worry about robot vacuums is whether the product would be able to automatically adjust to different floor surfaces including changing between carpeted and wooded flooring.
- Most iRobot products come with Virtual Wall Lighthouses which keep your vacuum confined to a certain area of your home. If you don’t want the vacuum to enter your special family room, simply place your lighthouse in the doorway and it will not try to enter the area.
- If the Roomba 880 is operating while you are lounging on the couch or cooking dinner in the kitchen, you can adjust where the vacuum is cleaning by using the infrared remote control that comes included with the purchase.
- Many robotic vacuums are as good as the products that are placed within them. In the case of the Roomba 880, you have a vacuum that is filtrated with a HEPA filter, has a full-bin indicator light that will tell you when the dust tray needs to be cleaned. It also uses iRobot’s Series II technology with persistent pass cleaning.
What’s in the Box?
After getting your iRobot Roomba 880 at home, you will see the vacuum, as well as an XLife battery that is two-times better than previous models, two Virtual Wall Lighthouses, remote control, home base, and one additional HEPA filter.
|iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte||iRobot Roomba 880|
|hover here for live pricing||Price||hover here for live pricing|
|No, Built in to Unit||Virtual Wall||Yes|
|N/A||Virtual Wall Lighthouse||Yes, Two|
|Yes||Auto Adjust To Floor Type||Yes|
|HEPA||Type of Filter||HEPA|
|No||Dirt Detecting Sensors||Yes|
|Yes||Camera Vision Mapping System||No|
On paper, the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte and the iRobot Roomba 880 are two completely different products that each has their own positive features. Depending on what qualities you are looking for in a robotic vacuum, either unit would be ideal for your home, office, or studio.
If you are looking for a product that is innovative and features technology that is rivaled by many other companies, the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte would be the product for you.
Their mapping system features built in lighthouses that will keep your vacuum in the rooms it needs to be and out of the rooms it doesn’t need to be in.
The one step up the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte has compared to the Roomba 880 and many other competitors is its ability to vacuum and mop. You can find the iClebo here for a reasonable price.
While the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte has some innovative features, the iRobot Roomba 880 still delivers. It may not have built in lighthouses, but it does feature two Virtual Wall Lighthouses that work the same.
The Roomba 880 is built with sensors that will be able to detect falls and other hazards, extending its life and allowing you to operate it without worry.
The battery life on this product is far better than any other in the business and won’t need to be replaced as often. The cheapest listing I have found for the 880 is right here.