The is growing more and more every day, especially for smart homeowners. There is no shortage of DIY installation monitors available on the market for those looking to avoid professional installation.
Two of the more prominent options are Livewatch vs Frontpoint, so here you can check all about these DIY installation monitors and find your favorite that requires no professional installation of course.
These two systems provide easy to use options that make home security a breeze. Whether you’re just headed to work for the day or leaving for vacation, using either one of these will have you feeling at ease.
Still, one might make more sense for you and your home than the other. Let’s take a look at how these two systems compare with one another, along with what benefits and drawbacks are inherent to each.
Contents (Jump to)
- 1 Main Differences Between LiveWatch vs Frontpoint Security
- 2 LiveWatch
- 3 Security System
- 4 LiveWatch ASAPer
- 5 Frontpoint Security
- 6 Wrap-Up
- 7 Frontpoint vs LiveWatch Comparison Charts
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion: LiveWatch vs Frontpoint
Main Differences Between LiveWatch vs Frontpoint Security
The Main Differences Between LiveWatch vs Frontpoint Security are:
- LiveWatch offers inside and outside of your house, whereas Frontpoint has been in the market for a longer time.
- LiveWatch can be contracted for just one year, whereas Frontpoint requires a longer contract.
- LiveWatch has a better price range, whereas Frontpoint has stronger customer service.
LiveWatch has put out in the a which it refers to as a “two-layer” for your home. This means you’ll have both inside and outside. LiveWatch will use a motion sensor, cameras, and other devices to keep your home safe with the most .
Founded in 2002 by Chris Johnson, LiveWatch is a . based on the importance of communication with first responders. Johnson noticed during his time as a paramedic that quick responses to the proper authorities were of the utmost importance. As a result, he founded LiveWatch and brought along with it state-of-the-art
The purpose of the Livewatch is to provide safety and protection to all families and individuals. To do so, Lifewatch offers many features and benefits with all of its options. Here are some of the more prevalent features you’ll notice if you choose to go with LiveWatch for your needs.
- One Year Guarantee – If you don’t like the for any reason, you can return it within the first year and receive a full refund on all your .
- Cancel your service at any time, for any reason.
- Two Year Warranty – LiveWatch offers all its users a 24-month warranty. If any breaks, LiveWatch will replace it at no cost to the customer.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (even cellular monitoring included)
- system notifications are sent to customers via email, SMS, and web.
- False alarms can be easily cleared.
- Control based on location (also offers keychain remote, wifi control).
- Home automation applications (mobile app) for easy integration.
The LiveWatch provides a variety of products from which customers can choose, all of them with . These products are designed to offer safety and in various locations and situations to . Customers can select from the following for a package that fits their needs:
Property – Residential home, apartment, vacation home, small business
Need – Property protection, family protection, pet monitoring, personal security
Type – Custom alarm systems, wireless home security, internet-based security system
LiveWatch Security refers to their systems as Plug & Protect. The team will configure a security system beforehand, then send it to your home. Any time you need to reprogram your LiveWatch system, you can do so using the included instruction manual. You can also reach out to their 24-hour tech support with any questions or concerns.
Upon arrival of your LiveWatch system, all you need to do is plug it in, then have it activated. LiveWatch gives you the ability to control your alarm system either from a mobile application (mobile app) on your smartphone or through the system’s control panel.
The LiveWatch alarm system will send you immediate notifications through your mobile device the instant an alarm is set off. You’ll then have the option to take care of the alarm yourself, or if you’re unavailable, the LiveWatch monitoring center will contact the appropriate first responders and dispatch them.
If you want to add to your LiveWatch security system, you have the ability to easily do so. You have the option to add a smart door lock or a floodlight sensor if either of those are appealing. Additionally, the LiveWatch security system can act as a monitoring center hub for up to 40 smart home devices.
When you have a LiveWatch smart home security system in place, you don’t have to have sensors and devices all over your home. With LiveWatch’s two layers of protection, all you need is a few well-placed sensors to keep your home safe and secure.
You’ll have the option to place detectors and sensors throughout your home wherever you deem most appropriate. They can go on doors and windows, in hallways and basements. Wherever makes the most sense for your home security.
LiveWatch offers an alert system it calls the ASAPer. This system sends out instant alerts and notifications to pre-defined groups of contacts. For instance, if a break-in occurs and an alert needs to go out, the ASAPer system will notify everyone within the group simultaneously.
You’ll then be able to chat with your group in real-time. This helps you determine the appropriate action to take to fix the problem.
LiveWatch has several monitoring plan options from which you can choose, each offering a different level of protection based on which package you select. Once you decide which LiveWatch security plan you would like to have, the company will confirm everything included with the package before shipping it to you.
From this point, you can then choose to add more products if you need them for your home security system. LiveWatch will let you add additional motion sensors, key fobs, and door sensors.
LiveWatch has no contract termination penalties, so you don’t have to worry about keeping it longer than it’s useful. However, if you do terminate your contract within the first 365 days, you’ll have to return your equipment.
For anyone needing only the bare essentials for their smart home security needs, LiveWatch is a great option. You won’t pay a lot out of pocket and you don’t have to worry about being locked into a contract for a long period of time.
Frontpoint security solutions is a security system established in 2007 by a group of experts in the home security sector. This group chose to create a unique type of home security company. They want to offer an option in the market that focused on technologies to keep you, your family, and your home safe and secure.
If you’re new to Frontpoint security, it is easy to set up and simple to customize. The wireless system provided by Frontpoint can connect up to 39 different devices, along with your mobile smartphones and tablets. Additionally, Frontpoint’s control box comes with a battery backup in the event of a power outage.
Here are some of the more common features you’ll get with your Frontpoint Security system:
- Control Panel – Frontpoint’s control panel is a wireless device that connects to all the sensors within your home. Included with the control panel is a free cellular link. You’ll use this to establish reliable and constant connectivity. If any sensors are removed without disabling the control panel, the siren will immediately go off.
- Environment Sensor – You’ll use these sensors to protect your family from environmental hazards like carbon monoxide, water, smoke, and fire without purchasing a separate smoke detector or similar equipment.
- Intrusion Sensor – Frontpoint offers a variety of intrusion sensors for your home security. These include window and door sensors, garage door sensors, recessed door sensors, motion sensors, image sensors, and glass break sensors.
- Home Automation – These devices can help save you time by controlling your smart home gadgets automatically. You can control your thermostat, keypad door locks, and lights with Frontpoint’s home automation devices.
- Security Camera – Frontpoint offers a fair selection of cameras from which you can choose. The security company has wireless indoor and outdoor cameras, along with doorbell cameras.
- Panic Button – The security system also comes with a panic button. This is the perfect feature for a handicapped or elderly family member in need of assistance.
- Medical Emergency – This device is used in the case of a medical emergency. When used, the proper first responders are notified.
Setting up your Do-It-Yourself kit from Frontpoint is simple and easy. Just follow a few quick steps and you’ll be ready to go in no time. Frontpoint does an excellent job of pre-programming your sensors prior to shipping them to you.
When your system arrives, plug it into an outlet, put all your sensors where you want them throughout your home, then call Frontpoint and have them activate the system. You’ll get the codes you need from Frontpoint to finish setting up. That’s it. Now your smart home security system is up and running.
In addition to its security system and smart devices, Frontpoint also offers its customers a free mobile application. Through the app, you can customize notifications, disarm and arm your system, view your sensors, check visitor history, and see your alarm history. You can use the mobile app on either iOS or Android devices.
Each of Frontpoint’s security plans includes the following features:
- Fire and environmental protection.
- Medical emergency and life safety.
- 24-hour professional monitoring 7 days a week.
- Wireless and cellular capabilities.
- Intrusion protection.
Frontpoint offers competitive prices, however, you’re not going to get a security system for as cheap as you would through LiveWatch.
That being said, Frontpoint offers more hardware with their packages, so you’re getting more bang for your buck. If money isn’t the final decision, you might think about going with Frontpoint.
Frontpoint vs LiveWatch Comparison Charts
Here’s a rundown of what you can expect from LiveWatch and Frontpoint packages based on which one you select.
|LiveWatch Basic||LiveWatch Total Home||Frontpoint Protection||Frontpoint Ultimate|
|Contract Length||1 year||1 year||1-3 years||1-3 years|
Question: Is Brinks a good security system?
Answer: Yes, Brinks is a very good security system that offers affordable plans and packages. Their home security monitoring systems come at an affordable price, and on the plus side, you can install them on your own.
Question: Is it easy to install Brinks security system devices?
Answer: Yes, the Brinks security system devices are easy to install, as you get everything in your order, so all you have to do is unpack the devices, place them where you want and start conneting.
Question: Can Frontpoint security be hacked?
Answer: Frontpoint security cannot be hacked very easily because there are several layers of protection that comes with these devices, however, all clients should change their codes if their device has been serviced or when they receive the devices and have a default code.
Conclusion: LiveWatch vs Frontpoint
To determine which smart home security system is the right one for you, it may be wise to take a closer look at the equipment and features each one offers. Typically you’ll find your sweet spot based on what you need and what makes the most sense for your home and family.
However, if you prefer to go all out and have all the features, then you might be better off going with an advanced plan. Then you can have all the automation, video monitoring, cameras, and sensors you’d like. You’ll pay for them, but you’ll have what you want.
For the best overall value, your best bet is going with Frontpoint for your smart home security. You’ll get a great selection, plenty of equipment, and excellent service at a reasonable rate. LiveWatch is a solid option as well, however, Frontpoint as been in the market a little longer and has made a name for itself as a leader in the smart home security industry.
Further Reading on Home Alarm and Security Suites:
- Fortress Security vs. Simplisafe
- Frontpoint System vs ADT Pulse
- Ring Alarm (Ring Protect) vs Blink Home Security
- Frontpoint Security vs Vivint Security Systems