Contents (Jump to)
- 1 Main Differences Between Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs Eufy RoboVac
- 2 Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- 3 The final say on Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- 4 Eufy RoboVac
- 5 Side-by-side comparison of the different Eufy RoboVac models
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 7 Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs. Eufy RoboVac
Main Differences Between Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs Eufy RoboVac
The Main Differences Between Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs Eufy RoboVac are:
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected can get within half an inch of your walls, whereas Eufy RoboVac features BoostIQ technology.
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected boasts the SpinFlow Power Clean system, whereas Eufy RoboVac has a three-stage cleaning system.
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected comes with a Laser Navigation System, whereas Eufy RoboVac is a more affordable option.
Neato Botvac D7 Connected
Neato has launched its new flagship model: the Botvac D7 Connected
Botvac D7 Connected. This robot vacuum has the familiar D shape that allows it to get closer to corners and walls than around vacuum cleaner. Neato says that the Botvac D7 Connected can get within half an inch of your walls.
Not only can the Neato Botvac D7 Connected get closer to edges, it also has a 10.9-inch main brush, allowing it to sweep more in just one pass. It also boasts the SpinFlow Power Clean system, which combines the use of the combo brush, a side brush, and a powerful suction.
Furthermore, alaser. When you start cleaning, the Botvac D7 will scan your floors and create a map. It will then use this map to plan the most effective route for a faster and more efficient clean. The navigation system also allows the Botvac D7 to know its exact location. This is important because it enables the Botvac D7 to automatically resume cleaning after it has to recharge itself mid-clean.
Speaking of charging, the Neato Botvac D7 Connected can clean an entire level of your home. When its battery runs low, the Botvac D7 will go back to its charging dock by itself. Once the batteries are full again, it will go back to cleaning, starting where it left off.
Other features of the Neato Botvac D7 Connected
As you can see, the Neato Botvac D7 Connected has all the best features that ensure an efficient clean. However, it has more features that you should know about:
- Ultra performance filter: Neato Botvac D7 Connected uses an ultra performance filter that traps dirt and dust inside the dust bin.
- Fast cleaning and perfect for pet hair: Because of its wider brush and powerful suction, the Neato Botvac D7 Connected can ensure efficient cleaning at a much faster time than other robot vacuums. It also cleans pet hair very efficiently.
- Easy no-go zones: The Neato Botvac D7 has boundary markers that you can use to make sure that it does not leave a room or go inside a room that you do not want it to clean. But if you find that too much work, you can easily designate no-go zones by drawing on the map shown on the mobile app. Instead of manually putting the boundary markers, all you need to do is to draw lines on the map to close off the areas you don’t want the robot vacuum to enter.
Controlling your Neato Botvac D7 Connected
There are several ways to control your Neato Botvac D7 Connected.
- Mobile app: It comes with a companion app that allows you to start, pause, and resume cleaning remotely. The mobile app also allows you to create cleaning schedules. Aside from allowing you to operate your robot vacuum, the mobile app also shows you a map of your floors and where the Neato Botvac D7 has already cleaned, and where it plans to go next. Further, you can use this map to create no-go zones.
- Voice commands: If you have either Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa speakers, you can use voice commands to control your robot vacuum. Even if you do not have your smartphone with you, you can still instruct Alexa to tell your Neato Botvac D7 to start cleaning.
- Neato Chatbot: One of the unique ways to control your robot vacuum is through the Neato Chatbot. You can send commands using your Facebook account.
- IFTTT recipes: IFTTT helps you do more with your Neato Botvac D7. These recipes can connect the Botvac D7 to other devices and even send out e-mails and update your social media accounts.
The final say on Neato Botvac D7 Connected
The Neato Botvac D7 Connected is a robot vacuum that delivers a superior and efficient clean. You do not have to guess if it has completely covered every square inch of your floor; you can check the map to confirm. The robot vacuum has the latest technologies that you can find on other high-end vacuums: Wi-Fi connectivity, Amazon Alexa compatibility, IFTTT compatibility, laser navigation technology, and the SpinFlow technology. Overall, there is not much you could ask for that is not offered by the Botvac D7.
Further read, Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs Neato Botvac D5 Connected!
While the Botvac D7 is a good robot vacuum to consider with all its advanced features, some people might find it too steeply priced. If you are looking for a more affordable alternative, then you could consider Eufy RoboVac.
The Eufy RoboVac is a line of robot vacuums that are classified under the budget category. Here is the current price for The Eufy RoboVac 11 on Amazon. Here is the less pricey 11S (Slim) and the 11+ has a very similar price. Lastly, you have the more powerful RoboVac 30.
Each of these robot vacuums makes use of a three-stage cleaning system. This system uses a main brush and two side brushes to sweep, loosen and agitate dirt and dust, which it then sends to the dustbin using the strong vacuum.
Eufy boasts a strong suction power for its robot vacuums; even the first generation RoboVac 11 has a 1,000 Pa of suction. The newer 11S has 1,300 Pa while the RoboVac 30 had 1,500 Pa. RoboVacs use the BoostIQ technology, which automatically boosts the suction power when needed. When your Eufy RoboVac encounters a dirtier patch on your floor, the robot vacuum will automatically use a stronger vacuum to deliver the most efficient clean. This would also help conserve battery life because the stronger suction is only used when needed, instead of setting your robot vacuum to use higher vacuum suction all throughout its cleaning.
Eufy RoboVac robot vacuums also clean quietly. In fact, you can carry a normal conversation with a friend even when the RoboVac is doing its job. The dustbin is also bigger, allowing the robot to accumulate more than half a liter of dust, dirt and debris before you would need to empty it. You can also depend on its high-performance filter to keep the dust inside the bin rather than recirculate it back into the air you breathe.
All RoboVac models can efficiently clean hardwood floors. However, the RoboVac 11 can only clean low-pile carpets. If you have medium-pile carpets, you would need to get a RoboVac 11+, 11S or 30. All RoboVac models use caster wheels that allow it to go from bare hardwood floors to carpets. It can climb anywhere from 0.59 inches to 0.63 inches.
Side-by-side comparison of the different Eufy RoboVac models
|RoboVac 11||RoboVac 11+||RoboVac 11S||RoboVac 30|
|Price||Least expensive (Check out the latest price here!)||Mid-priced (Check out the latest price here!)||Mid-priced (Check out the latest price here!)||Most expensive (Check out the latest price here!)|
|Dimensions (d x h, inches)||13.0 x 3.1||12.8 x 3.4||12.8 x 2.9||12.8 x 2.9|
|Maximum suction power (Pa)||1000||1000||1300||1500|
|BoostIQ technology||N/A||1st Gen||2nd Gen||2nd Gen|
|Dust collector capacity (liters)||0.60||0.55||0.60||0.60|
|Noise level (decibels)||57||60||55||55|
|Climbing threshold (inches)||0.59||0.59||0.63||0.63|
|Cleans hardwood floors||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cleans medium pile carpets||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|High performance triple-filter system||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Run time (minutes)||90||100||100||100|
The Eufy RoboVac 11 is the original RoboVac that came out. It has a maximum suction power of 1,000 Pa and a dustbin capacity of 0.6 liters. It is a quiet worker that can clean hardwood floors and low-pile carpet. The RoboVac 11 offered a more affordable choice for those who wanted an efficient robot vacuum without the high price.
Eufy released the RoboVac 11+ a while after, which featured some improvements over the original RoboVac. For one, the 11+ has the BoostIQ technology that increased the suction power of the robot when it detects a dirtier area. The RoboVac 11+ can also clean medium-pile carpets and had a slightly longer run time at 100 minutes compared to only 90 minutes for the original RoboVac.
Eufy also released the RoboVac 11c, which is similar to the original RoboVac, but gives you the ability to use your smartphone to control it. For some reason, the 11c is no longer available on the company’s website or on Amazon.
The RoboVac 11S was soon introduced. The 11S was notably slimmer than the RoboVac 11+, shedding half an inch off its height. It also featured a more powerful suction power, delivering up to 1,300 Pa. The caster wheels were also improved, and the slimmer RoboVac is now able to go from bare floors to carpets that are 0.63 inches high, or 0.07 inches higher than the climbing threshold offered by the RoboVac 11+. The biggest improvement on the 11S, however, is the introduction of the second generation BoostIQ technology. Your 11S can now get a power boost within just 1.5 seconds!
The RoboVac 30, on the other hand, is an upgraded RoboVac 11S that delivers up to 1,500 Pa of suction power. The RoboVac 30 also works with boundary strips, which helps you keep it out of places where you do not want it to clean.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I do with the magnetic strip that come with my Botvac D7?
The magnetic strip lets you create a physical wall to prevent your robot from entering a zone you don’t want to be cleaned. You just have to tape around that area. When the robot starts a cycle it will avoid that section by itself.
Do I need to keep any of the boxes to return & refund my Eufy Robot?
We highly recommend you keep the original packaging and all the accessories so your warranty can apply in case of any inconvenients. If you have more doubts about the topic, you can always take a look at their official website’s warranty page
Does Botvac D7 work with Amazon Echo or Google Home?
The Botvac D7 is compatible with voice commands systems like Amazon Alexa, Amazon Echo, Google Home, and Google Assitant. Keep in mind that this feature is only available in selected countries.
Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs. Eufy RoboVac
The different models under the Eufy RoboVac line would appeal to people who are looking for an efficient robot vacuum without having to spend too much. It may not have all the bells and whistles as the Neato Botvac D7, but it does get the job done. The Eufy RoboVac robot vacuums, however, might be a good idea if you have a small house, or if you live in an apartment. This is because these robot vacuums rely on sensors to navigate around the room and because they do not resume cleaning after charging.
If you have a large house, then you would see the need for a robot vacuum that is able to create a floor plan that it uses to find its way around. Also, one that can recharge and resume cleaning as many times as necessary. If you do not mind paying a bigger price for the Botvac D7, not only do you get a more efficient cleaner but also a range of additional features, such as the laser mapping and Wi-Fi connectivity. Not to mention the convenience of being able to operate and control by using voice commands, Facebook chatbots, and IFTTT recipes.