are wonderful things, but when their go sour it can be hard to determine which is the best to choose from.‘s
Most batteries have a of 16-18 months with standard use. After going through this process myself numerous times over the years, I decided to create a resource page to help others out.
Here you will find the best , check out the section at the very bottom of the page for proper installation procedures. brand recommendations, as well as brands to avoid. Finally, if you need help installing your new
Contents (Jump to)
- 1 Neato Manufacturer Battery
- 2 FAQs
Neato Manufacturer Battery
Compatibility: All Neato XV series (e.g. XV-11, etc…)
- Keep your Neato XV running at peak performance with new batteries.
- If experiencing reduced runtime or decrease in performance, it may be time for you to replace your Neato XV batteries
- Set of 2 Ni-MH batteries, 14.4V, 3200-mAh
These are usually the default choice for owners looking buy the same as game in the original factory box. set for their
If you are satisfied with the life of the original pack that came with the cleaner then you can expect a similar packaging.
I originally ordered a manufacturer back and after the original died out on my XV-11 after 1.5 years. So far, it’s still going strong 1 year later. It’s a very safe option.
While you are not going to get any added performance or increased longevity for the , you get exactly what you pay for. This will work for most owners.
There is nothing wrong with going for the default factory company . This way, if anything goes wrong with either the robot cleaner the back, the problem can’t be pushed off on the “other company’s “. . In fact, many people feel more comfortable using a
Synergy Replacement Pack
Compatibility: All Neato XV Series
- 945-0005 (7.2v 3500 mAh 25.2 Whr) Ultra High Capacity Battery
- Replacement For Neato Robotics 945-0005
- Fully Compatible
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Synergy Digital is a Registered Trademark
The Synergy option I had the opportunity to purchase. They are an “ultra high capacity ” which for our purposes means that they should last longer than the default . is one of the more popular options. After the factory , this is the next
What I liked about this battery pack was that it came with a 3-year warranty from the manufacturer (of the battery pack, not Neato). The one pack I have from Synergy is still going strong after 7+ months.
There are some mixed reviews of these batteries, but if you follow the proper installation and maintenance procedures (see bottom of post), these problems can be avoided.
The number one problem I see is people not installing after market batteries correctly and not properly maintaining the batteries. It’s not hard to do, but it’s easy to forget.
HQRP Extended Battery Pack
Compatibility: All Neato XV series
- HQRP® Rechargeable Battery plus HQRP® Coaster;
- Battery Voltage: 3.7V; Capacity: 2600 mAh; Li-ion;
- 100% compatible with Original Battery;
- 200 Days warranty!
The “extended” packs is where it starts to get really interesting. They are more than just battery replacements. They are performance enhancers. Essentially, what the extended packs do is provide more juice per charge.
This is especially helpful for people with larger surface areas to cover and more difficult terrain i.e. “shag” rugs/carpets.
The 7.2 volt, 3500 mAh HQRP Extended Battery Pack is one of the best purchases I have made. Not only does it have the highest number of positive reviews I have seen on popular shopping sites, but I’ve also had zero issues with it after purchasing it about a year ago.
They come with a 200 day warranty, but you likely will never need to use it.
The one downsize is that they take a bit longer to recharge (sometimes close to 4 hours). However, this makes sense as they have a vastly superior carrying capacity. In real terms, these packs are almost twice as effective.
Where my default factory packs would last 25 minutes on the shag carpet downstairs, the HQRP pack goes for close to 45 minutes! On easier surfaces, they can easily get over an hour, topping out at about 1.5 hours per charge.
Best of all, the prices are pretty reasonable relative to the other packs (see below for link).
Super Extended 4400Ah Battery Pack
Compatibility: All XV series
- ✔4400 Ah LI-ION, SUPER LONG-LIFE!!! 2 Pcs Rechargeable Extended Long Lasting Lithium Ion Batteries 7.4V 4400mAh, Patented battery balancing technology, Built-in over protection circuits provide safety and reliability, Battery cell packs assembly in Taiwan, quality guaranteed!
- ✔BEST PERFORMANCE BATTERY for NEATO XV! Longer operating time and battery life! 4400 mAH vs original battery's 3200 mAH (80~110 min vs. 50~70 min running time), Replacement for all current Neato Vacuums. Neato xv-11 xv-12 xv-14 xv-15 xv-21 xv-25 Signature XV Pro VR100
- ✔LIFE SAVER! MONEY SAVER!! Save money by using a lithium battery (800 cycle times, 1 Lithium = 4 NiMH/NiCd batteries), 4x longer Life than Neato batteries and all aftermarket replacement batteries, Longer operating time with 4 times longer battery life, Li-NMC power cells remain at 80% capacity after 800 cycles
- ✔NO MEMORY EFFECT, ULTIMATE PROTECTION CIRCUIT DESIGN!!! Advancessd Li-Ion technology provides improved energy density. Built-in over-charge, over-discharge, over-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature protection. No memory effect. Low rate of self-discharge (1% per month)
The Super Extended pack is similar to the HQRP, but with more power and juice. This is the high-end of the replacement battery market. While the price is almost double a normal replacement, you do get some serious punch.
I only buy extended battery packs these days. If the family budget allows for it, I try to always go for the “super extended”.
At 3800mAh, this battery pack is the long lasting one currently available for purchase. One of the first things that I noticed was the enhanced efficiency of the neato with this battery pack on board.
Where certain rooms used to need 3 passes, now they only need 1 to be fully cleaned to my standards (or my wife’s standards).
The Super Extended batteries can cover very large areas of real estate and are best for larger homes and dimensions. Make sure you charge the batteries fully per the instructions that come in the box. Consider these batteries the “turbo-charger” for your Neato device.
Lithium Neato XV Series Replacement Battery
Compatibility: Neato XV Series (all – including Signature and Signature Pro)
- Meets UL and CE Safety Standards. 1.5~2 hours Run.
- 2X Longer Run Time: 4400mAh + more than 800 charge cycles (vs. Original 3200mAh battery + 200 cycles)
- 4X Longer Battery Life than Neato and all aftermarket Ni-MH replacement batteries
- WORRY-FREE GUARANTEE! You will be 100% satisfied or we'll give you a full refund.
Because the XV series is now quite a bit older, many of my Neato’s of this era are starting to give out. Battery is usually the culprit. Lithium batteries are better for a variety of reasons, but essentially they are more reliable and longer lasting than traditional batteries.
If you are looking for a good Lithium replacement, I’ve had luck with this particular company as a replacement for my Neato XV-21 which recently went into a battery “coma”.
This battery pack offers 4400 mAH vs 3200 standard in retail Neato’s of this era. That’s a lot of extra juice and the best I’ve see for the XV series. They claim to last up to 4x longer. I’m still testing this out, but so far they’ve lasted 2x as long for me. I just haven’t had them long enough to see if it’s truly “4x”.
Botvac Replacement Battery
Compatibility: Botvac 70e, 75, 80, and 85)
Neato has just rolled out their new line of Botvac vacuums (the 70e, 75, 80, and 85). While our new Neato 80 has not had any battery issues yet, eventually I will probably need to find a replacement.
From discussing in the forums I’ve seen a few people who needed a replacement and it looks like the there is a great Super Extended Botvac battery pack available. I might even do an early upgrade, if only for the enhanced performance and peace of mind.
Neato Batteries to Avoid
I have now had a poor experience with Powerextra both with my irobot Roomba and now my Neato. I really just bought them as a test, because I had previously determined that they were not good options for Roomba devices. Similarly, the one pack I did purchase for my Neato XW-21 flaked out after a month of use.
Even while they were functioning, I noticed my Neato making more trips to recharge than usual. I would stay away from these battery packs and this company in general, until they can definitively improve their product.
Another set to steer away from are the Crucial battery replacement packs. While I haven’t personally used them, I have a few friends in the robot vacuum community who have. They last about 6-8 months. This isn’t terrible, but it’s not great either.
Ideally, you’d like to get at least a year (preferably 2-3 years) out of a replacement pack. They are mediocre at best and not worth the price you have to pay for them.
It’s much safer to stick with one of the options listed above. At this price point, the Neato Robotics manufacturer packs are a far better value for the money.
How to Properly Change Neato Robotic Cleaner’s Batteries
I decided to add this piece at the end. I see complaints from buyers of almost every variety of Neato battery replacement and about their new battery packs not charging properly or not working/dying out shortly after install.
While I can’t speak for every situation, I am reasonably confident that 75% of these problems are due to an improper install. With this in mind, I have outlined the steps to take below when installing a new back (of any variety):
1. Remove the battery cover (using a Phillips head screwdriver)
2. Replace the old battery pack with the new one. Note: you can’t really get this step wrong because the Botvac connector will only accept it a certain way.
3. Screw the covering back into place.
4. Turn the Neato on, to “Menu”, “Support”, “New Battery”, “Okay”
At this point, do the following:
– Fully charge the Neato
– Run it until it notifies you that it needs to be recharged
– Do NOT charge it; let it sit idle over-night
– 12-24 hours later, place it on the charger
For these last steps, repeat every 6-8 weeks as a way to maintain the battery pack. Because of the kind of battery that the Neato uses, you need to keep the battery fluid in a “liquid” state. Letting it sit near low or without cycling the liquid will cause it to lose it’s effectiveness over time.
This is what many people have experienced when installing new battery packs, mainly because they are not follow these steps properly. It’s also a good idea to do this to extend the life of any existing battery packs for Neato devices that you have.
Question: How long does the Neato battery last?
Answer: The Neato battery usually lasts around 8 months, so you will definitely need to replace it once or twice a year, depending on how frequently you charge the robotic vacuum.
Question: Is it easy to change the Neato battery?
Answer: Yes, the Neato battery is really easy to switch on your own, so if you want to replace it, you need to go to the Menu and Support, and Choose (Add new battery). After you are done with these steps, you should leave the battery on the charger until it’s fully charged, and then you are ready to start using it.
Question: Does Neato has a better battery than Roomba?
Answer: No. Neato’s battery life lasts for 8 months, whereas Roomba’s battery is more durable and can last anywhere from 1 to 2 years, depending on how often the robot vacuum cleaner is used.