How would you like a robot vacuum that sells for an affordable price? The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner has a list price on Amazon!
The first questions that would come to mind is whether it is worth buying and whether you get what you pay for.
Contents (Jump to)
- 1 Features of the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 Modes
- 3 What’s in the box
- 4 What you would like about the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 5 What could be better
- 6 Comparing the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with other robot vacuums
- 7 Final Say
Features of the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner promises to get rid of dust mites around your home, making the air inside your house a whole lot cleaner and friendlier, especially for those who suffer from allergies.
Some of the robot vacuum’s notable features are:
- 3-in-1 clean. This robot vacuum delivers three-stage cleaning. First, it sweeps and then sucks the dirt into the dust bin. The HEPA-style filter will then keep the debris trapped in the bin, not letting it go back into the air for you to breathe in.
- Two side brushes. Unlike most robot vacuums with just one side brush, the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner has two. These side brushes make it very efficient in sweeping up dust, dirt, and debris.
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery. This robot vacuum cleaner uses a rechargeable battery that allows it to clean around 90 minutes on a single charge. That is enough to cover 1,600 square feet of floor area! What’s more, you only need 180 to 300 minutes to fully charge it, allowing you to clean up to five times in one day.
- Advanced sensors. The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner uses infrared sensors to help it go around obstacles around your home. This means that it will not collide with walls or furniture legs. It will also avoid steep drops.
- One-button operation. You can control your robot vacuum just by pressing a single button. For instance, to clean a small room, press the start button once, but to clean a big room, you can press the button twice.
- Cleans all floor types. The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner can clean carpeted floors, tile floors, and hardwood floors, adjusting the suction as it goes from one floor type to another.
- Dimensions. The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner has an overall circular form, although it does not have the puck shape of iRobot’s Roombas. Instead, this robot vacuum has flatter edges, allowing it to get closer to your walls. It measures 10 inches wide by 9.8 inches long and 3.1 inches high.
When using the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, you can choose from four cleaning modes. Each mode will follow a different cleaning pattern. These modes are:
- Big room mode: The robot vacuum moves at a specific angle to help clean larger floor areas in a lesser amount of time.
- Small room mode: The robot vacuum goes on a zigzag motion to help cover your floors more comprehensively.
- Spot cleaning mode: This mode tells the robot to go cleaning on a spiral to cover a smaller spot. This is great for small spills and dirtier patches.
- Edge cleaning mode: This mode tells the robot to follow along walls.
What’s in the box
The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner comes with:
- AC power adapter
- Cleaning tool
- HEPA-style filter
- 4 side brushes
- Screw driver
- 4 screws
- User manual
What you would like about the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
There is no doubt that the biggest selling point of the Housmile robot vacuum is its price. There are very few budget vacuums that offer premium features such as a rechargeable lithium ion battery and HEPA-style filter. What’s more, the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner delivers a very efficient clean on a battery that can run for 90 minutes on a single charge.
What could be better
There are now a lot of brands that offer robot vacuums that you can control using your smartphone. While the Housmile robot vacuum delivers an efficient clean, you can only control it using the onboard button. It would have been better if the robot vacuum has Wi-Fi connectivity and allows you to operate it even when you are not home.
Also, it does not find its way back to the charging dock when the battery runs low. In fact, when you use this robot vacuum and it runs out of juice, you will have to find it and take it back to the charging dock and manually recharge it.
There are also times when shag carpets stop it in its tracks. So if you have thick carpeting, you might want to avoid buying this robot vacuum. It also relies only on sensors, unlike the smart navigation technologies and the visual mapping technologies that we find on other robot vacuums.
Comparing the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with other robot vacuums
When it comes to robot vacuums, being compared against a Roomba model is quite inevitable. There are two Roombas that you should take a look at if you are considering buying a Housmile Robot Vacuum Cleaner: the Roomba 614 and Roomba 690.
The Roomba 614, like the Housmile robot vacuum, does not have Wi-Fi connectivity, but it does charge itself when it runs out of battery. It does, however, costs more and has a shorter run time of only 60 minutes.
The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, with its price tag trumps both Roombas when it comes to being budget-friendly. What’s more, the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is also narrower with a lower profile when compared to both of these Roombas. This means that it is able to get into tighter areas and under more furniture. If you are willing to put up with the added work of manually recharging the robot vacuum, as well as bending over to pick the robot vacuum every so often to have it start working, then getting the Housmile vacuum is no problem.
If you are looking for something different from the Housmile but closer to its price range, then you could check out the Eufy Robovac 11. At its price, this robot vacuum is able to suck a tremendous amount of dirt, dust, and debris. So much so that it bests some of the earlier Roomba models when it comes to suction power and cleaning efficiency. It also finds its way back to the charging dock when it runs out of battery and includes a remote control, so you do not have to bend down and pick up your robot vacuum to have it start cleaning. If you pay a little extra, you can get the Wi-Fi connected Eufy Robovac 11c, which delivers that same level of clean as the original Eufy Robovac.
There’s also ILIFE A4s, and boasts of a powerful suction that’s perfect for thin carpets. It also has a remote control and can charge itself. Or you can choose the ILIFE V7S Pro. This robot vacuum has both wet and dry mopping functions, and can find its way back to the charging dock. If you are looking for a more affordable model, the ILIFE V3S sells cheaper, and can efficiently clean up pet hair.
The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner comes from a company that has been designing and manufacturing household products for more than 20 years. It can clean rather efficiently and thoroughly, especially if you still use an upright vacuum cleaner and just need a robot vacuum for everyday cleaning. At its price tag, you could expect some tradeoffs, and the Housmile did strip off some features – self-charging capability, Wi-Fi connectivity, and even a physical remote control – to lower the price.
If you are willing to go back to the basics and be more hands-on with your robot vacuum cleaner, the Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner has a strong suction, HEPA-style filters, two side brushes, and a long-lasting lithium ion battery that will help you decide to go for it.